Monday, March 4, 2013

Motivational Monday - 3/4/13


It's getting late tonight, so I will make this a short and to the point post tonight (what a novel concept!  You can all thank me later lol)
This is a good quote for today.  I was not in the mood for a 2nd workout tonight after I got home from work (I went to the YMCA over lunch and did weights).  I was tired and would have much preferred to plop my butt on the couch.  But it was Biggest Loser night and that means workout on the treadmill.  I knew that if I got on and started I would feel better and be glad I did it.  And that was exactly what happened.  I even finished my 5k intervals instead of just walking the entire thing!  It wasn't my fastest, strongest, or best, but I did it!  I am glad that I have set goals for myself.  I am glad that I share them with you all so that I can hold myself accountable.  But mostly I am proud that I have made the choice to change my life and do it even when I don't want to.....sooooo worth it!!!!

Not a bad workout for not wanting to do it lol.

My weekly results...(2/26-3/3)
Monday weight:  202.2 (up 0.8 from last Monday)
     not surprised after getting a GREAT number on the scale last week - typical for me to rebound a bit after :-(
Weekly scale +/- (Mon-Sun all weights):  up 0.2
Workouts last week:  7
Workout minutes:  401
Total miles last week:   21.83
Times at the YMCA:  2 

Scale results SUCKED after my visit to Onederland on Friday :-(  I can really tell I haven't been to the grocery store for produce and fruit since I got back from my business trip last week.  While I have still been eating within my calories and making healthy choices, those fresh greens and some fruit make a HUGE difference!!!!  I have GOT to fix that ASAP!!!

Some other highlights of the week:

  • I jogged another practice 5k again on Sunday!  My last practice run before the first 5k of the season next Sat!  And I am thrilled to announce it was another personal record for my outdoor 5k's!
  • I made it to ONEDERLAND for a brief visit on Friday, hitting 199.4 on the scale.  I am working to get the 200's behind me for good!  Give me a couple of weeks.
  • I said no to seconds of a very yummy (but healthy) meal and dessert and maintained good portion control while visiting my mom & dad on Sunday....this is a BIG deal for me!!!

My photo this week is a comparison....me after tonight's workout (I just wasn't feeling it after work tonight) and in the same outfit before my last 5k last season in October.  A difference of 14.8 pounds....not too shabby!  Not sure I see a ton of difference in the two pics, but I know its there!


Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.    Then you don't have to remember to keep coming back to check for new posts!
  • Share the blog link with your facebook friends!
  • Pin a link on Pinterest...and don't forget to follow me!
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page (I am posting at least once a day here!) -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012

1 comment: